Tuesday 8 May 2012

Greatly looking forward to tutorial this afternoon. Really need to discuss things.


Still very unsure as to whether there really is a need to build a space for this work. I am observing from onlookers either an immediate reaction, and they are drawn in OR they simply pass by the work because they see the image and that is all.


The question is 'How do I want people to see the work?'


Yutaka Makino, The Conditions of the Process, 2011. I visited his work in Berlin in January of this year at the DAAD Gallery, and this has encouraged a desire to build the Drum. (see image)
condition_1.jpg  




I rather like the idea of the work to carry on being somewhat subtle. I am drawn to the idea of the work simply being present in a space where perhaps it is unexpected - so subtle yet also seeking the attention of the observer once noticed. There is a stairwell leading up to the studio that shall be used. It is quite a dingy dark space that visitors will be using. I need to test this out later...not sure if there is an electric supply nearby though!! Hmm! Could be an issue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment