Wednesday 4 April 2012

Good news from SR today, he wishes to reference my work! Very exciting! Sent him the following brief:


sub/supra ii
My current practice sourced from the research and findings of Professor Richard Thompson et al and his team in the Marine Biology Dept, Plymouth University, explores the possibility of man made clothing fibres, polymers, entering the sea through the waste water of washing machines in the form of microplastics. I am interested in the relation between the domestic act and its possible effects on the marine environment. While observing a contaminated sand sample under a microscope, I was shot with an image that was dangerously beautiful. Through an artistic exploration I am forced to question the impact of human presence and also to question...what is nature now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment